The MusicNL Awards provide industry recognition to artists and industry professionals in Newfoundland and Labrador. These awards are given out at MusicNL Week, the provincial music industry association’s annual conference and festival, which offers a week of educational sessions, showcase performances, and networking, culminating in the annual awards show.
In response to industry trends, MusicNL has made the following changes to the way the MusicNL Awards operate.
- Album/Recording submission period has been changed to May 1 2017-July 31 2018 (last year the submission period was from June 1 2016- Aug 31 2017.)
- Gospel Artist of the Year category changed to Inspirational Artist of the Year to be more inclusive of all faiths and beliefs.
- Rock/Pop Artist of the Year split into Rock Artist of the Year and Pop Artist of the Year. This change is reflective of the variety of music in the above categories and the increasing strength of and number of submissions in the Pop/Rock Artist of the Year Category.
- Creation of two new Industry Awards, Event of the Year and Venue of the Year in order to highlight the importance of the live performance venues and opportunities to the music industry.
- Album/Recordings nominated for a category in a previous year cannot submit again for the same category. This rule only applies to recordings that have been released in between May 1st and July 31st of each year.
MusicNL Week 2018 will take place in Twillingate, NL, October 10-14. Award and showcase submissions will open on June 1, 2018 and close on June 30, 2018. For more information on how to submit, please check out the MusicNL Week 2018 Award & Showcase Submission Guide.